We aim to hold an Open Day for new members each year, usually in June. This gives members the opportunity to see behind the scenes and to meet volunteers in each department, from the tearoom to the workshop. The day’s programme usually includes:
- Introduction by Membership Services Team at Llanfair Tea room
- Tour of Llanfair Station, including the workshop, signal box and loco sheds
- Visit to Tanllan carriage and wagon shed and workshop – an opportunity to see our heritage stock
- Demonstration of working on the track
- Return trip to Welshpool Raven Square in a reserved carriage
- Tour of Welshpool signal box, loco and carriage shed
- A free lunch hosted in Keyse Cottage, the volunteers’ mess house.
We are very happy to chat about what we do and how to volunteer. Naturally any members who want to volunteer would be most welcome – we can’t operate the railway without them!
The date for the 2017 New Members’ Day is TBC (usually it’s in June) – email us and we will keep you informed.
(Programme may be subject to alteration depending on circumstances on the day.)